Favorite deal of the day for your favorite chef: a 16-jar Lazy Susan spice jar that comes with 5 years of free refills.
Favorite new food-related hobby: chasing food trucks.
- Hunted: 5411 Empanadas (3/5 only because they ran out of other vegetarian options and I only got to try the sweet corn, which was good but not savory enough. Next time I really want to get the caramelized onions and spinach & cheese. And then I suspect my score will go up to 5/5. (Updated July 22, 2011: Tried the spinach & cheese at Truckin’ Thursdays at Ethyl’s Beer and Wine Dive and it was incredible! So much savory goodness leaving me wanting more.)
- Hunted: Flirty Cupcakes (3/5: Delicious cupcakes – I had the Raspberry Chocolate one – but at $3.25+tax a pop, the burning hole in my wallet added a strange taste to the otherwise orgasmic gastronomic experience.)
- Still on the Run: Gaztro-Wagon (I’ve been dying, absolutely dying, to try the lobster creations and roasted mushroom sandwiches that they serve. Meat-eaters: they have wild boar, lamb, duck, and all sorts of other hearty sandwiches for you. Their Twitter handle is wherezthewagon, and sometimes I do wonder where the wagon is. I get all their tweets pushed to my cell but am rarely in the area to go chase them down.)
- Still on the Run: Tamale Spaceship (Two guys wearing Mexico superhero masks and serving you tamales? If not for the food, I’m going to chase it down for the experience.)
- Still on the Run: Ste Marten (This gourmet vegan food truck has been out of commission for the past few weeks. Fortunately it’s finally back on the road as of a few days ago.)
Off to Argentine Tango now.