It’s Easy Peasy Cheesy Veggie Enchiladas time!
I made these enchiladas the other day before work. If I can make a full-blown meal before work, then it’s definitely quick and easy.
- 1-15oz can of tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 5 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups of shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
- 1/3 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 teaspoon of pepper
- 3 jalapenos, sliced
- In a small saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, water, garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and paprika.
- Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- Heat up the tortillas in a un-greased pan, flipping sides after 10 seconds.
- Then heat up the olive oil and saute the onion so it’s slightly but not fully cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Once the onions have cooled, add 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, all of the Greek yogurt, parsley, salt, and pepper, mixing well.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Put 2 spoonfuls of enchilada sauce in each tortilla and then fill with the onion mixture. Roll up and place seam side down on the baking dish.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce on top and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and top with the sliced jalapenos, followed by the rest of the cheese.
- Return to the oven for another 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.